As a business owner, one of the last things you want to invest capital in is a commercial roof replacement. They’re costly, may cause downtime, and can be challenging with unpredictable Minnesota weather. While you have to address a failing roof, a replacement may not be necessary. Continue reading to learn more about commercial roof restorations and how to decide between roof repair vs replacement if restoration isn’t your best option.
One of the first signs you should consider a commercial roof restoration is if you’re routinely calling your trusted local roofing expert to come out for repairs. While one-off repairs may seem cheaper, they quickly add up over time.
Numerous warning signs indicate the need for a commercial roof replacement, reroofing, or repair. However, not all indicators are visible. Consider the following:
- Age of roof: The expected service life of your roof depends on the type of roof you have.
- Leaks: You may not see water dripping from a ceiling or down the walls, but water stains, mold, or damp areas indicate a problem.
- Punctures and tears: TPO, EPDM, and PVC roofing systems can puncture and tear over time, both of which lead to more significant problems if not addressed.
- Sloped roofs: If your roof is pitched, you may notice missing asphalt shingles or slate tiles. This is a strong indication that you need to invest in commercial roof restoration, repair, or replacement.
- Curb appeal: An unappealing roof gives an unprofessional first impression, which could cost you business opportunities.
Vestibulum gravida ligula vel enim porta mollis. Sed dolor ipsum, dignissim quis scelerisque et, sodales sed tellus. In iaculis dapibus velit quis congue. Fusce tincidunt tempus eros, in fermentum lacus sagittis eget. Nullam vulputate, est ut placerat ultricies, velit sem viverra ante, quis blandit mi odio at risus. Fusce pharetra rhoncus mattis. Aenean eu arcu lacus. Etiam malesuada tempor felis, eu commodo sem molestie eu. Donec nulla lorem, rhoncus vel tristique quis, vulputate et magna.
Many older buildings are protected by historical designations that require any work to adhere to their original design and aesthetic. If you need a historic commercial roof restoration, governing bodies will likely require specialty material like copper, tin, or stainless steel.
Along with being less expensive than a commercial roof replacement, restoration systems provide a variety of benefits, including:
- Enhanced protection and safety
- Prevents leaks and moisture from entering the building
- Increased roof system durability and longevity
- More environmentally responsible
At some point, the need to replace your roof becomes a reality. But that doesn’t mean you have to undergo a replacement at the first sign of wear and tear. One of the most critical factors when comparing roof repair vs replacement is the extent of the damage. If most problems are on the surface and don’t require extensive work, a repair is a suitable solution. However, if the damage is over an area of the building that houses critical machinery or resources, a commercial roof replacement may be better.
Another essential aspect to consider when deciding between roof repair vs replacement is how long you plan to remain in the building. A substantial investment in a new roof doesn’t make sense if you only plan to stay for a short period. Your contractor should be able to find a roof coating that extends the life of your roof until you leave. Additionally, a customer-service focused roofing contractor can help you get your repairs completed with little to no costs if it’s still under warranty.
You may be interested in replacing your current roof system with a more efficient or environmentally friendly system. A white, reflective roof coating or green roof can drastically reduce your energy costs.
Since 1924, Rainville-Carlson has provided Minnesota with unmatched commercial roofing services. We can apply the right solutions for your needs and budget. Whether you need commercial reroofing or a complete replacement, you can rely on us to perform the work to the highest standards with as little downtime as possible.
Reach out to us today to schedule a free consultation or learn more about how we can save you money with a commercial roof restoration.