Commercial Roof Repair and Construction for Schools
While essential for any building, a robust commercial roofing system is critical for schools. From elementary schools to colleges, a well-installed and maintained roof protects the people inside and helps reduce operating costs.
If you’re in charge of upkeep for a school roof, you may be looking for options related to installation and repair. At Rainville Carlson, we are your experts, ready to assist with any of your school roofing needs.
With over 100 years of experience and a culture of hard work and service, we care greatly about the school buildings in our communities. We offer commercial roofing systems and repair for schools and more in the Annandale area.
Read this guide to learn more about our school roof construction and repair services.
Commercial Roofing Systems for Schools
When it comes to commercial roofing systems for schools, the most common type is a flat rooftop. However, they come in a variety of materials, including:
- TPO Roofing: TPO roofing stands for thermoplastic polyolefin. It’s a type of flat roofing system that became popular in the 1990s. It uses a single-ply membrane made of three different layers. TPO roofing is popular because of its energy-saving capabilities.
- EPDM Roofing: EPDM, or ethylene propylene diene terpolymer, is a rubber roofing system that uses a synthetic rubber membrane. It’s a long-lasting and durable flat roofing option for schools and other commercial buildings.
- PVC Roofing: PVC roofing is a popular flat roofing system because it’s durable and fire-resistant. It’s also easy to install.
- Metal roofing: Metal roofs are popular for residential and commercial buildings because they are resistant to the elements and energy efficient.
At Rainville Carlson, we can install, replace, or repair your school building with any of the above roofing systems. Contact us to discover more about flat roofing materials and their benefits.
Tips for Maintaining a School Roofing System
Regardless of which kind of commercial roofing system you use for your school or university, it’s essential to keep it maintained. With general upkeep, your commercial roof will last longer and stay in better condition. Here are some important tips:
- Avoid walking on the roof: While you may have to get onto the rooftop to clean or check for issues, it’s best to stay off as much as possible.
- Clear off snow and ice: During the winter, you’ll want to keep ice and snow from building up. Snow and ice accumulation can cause drainage issues and water leaks. The best option is to request snow removal services from a professional roofer.
- Inspect the roof after storms: Minnesota often has storms at all times of year. After dangerous weather, it’s best to inspect the roof for damage. You can quickly evaluate the rooftop yourself and then request further assistance from a roofing professional.
- Get regular roofing inspections: To keep your roof in good condition and avoid costly commercial roof repairs, twice-yearly roofing inspections are the best option.
Have questions about school roof maintenance and repair? Contact Rainville Carlson today.
Commercial Roof Repair for School Buildings
No matter what kind of commercial roofing system you have for your school building, it’s essential to check for damages. Even the most durable roofing systems will wear down over time, and storm damage can occur suddenly.
If you notice any damage, commercial roof repair is the most efficient and safest way to fix it, protect the building, and deter roof replacement.
At Rainville Carlson, we provide comprehensive roof repair services for schools, colleges, universities, and other commercial buildings.
When Is the Best Time to Repair School Roofing Problems?
Damage to a school roof is a problem for many reasons. For one thing, it makes the roofing system less energy efficient, leading to higher utility bills. For another, damaged rooftops can lead to significant, expensive problems, such as replacements, if they aren’t addressed.
Finally, a damaged school roof can put students and faculty at risk, especially from mold or mildew growing from water leaks.
Summertime and Commercial Roof Repairs
The best time to repair a school roof is generally as quickly as possible after the issues appear. However, it can be challenging to do some commercial roof repairs during the winter. Summer is an excellent time to assess the state of your school’s roofing system. The Rainville Carlson roofing contractors will perform an inspection and make the necessary repairs.
However, if there is significant damage already, you may want to schedule an appointment as quickly as possible. Since summer is the busy season for roofing repairs and installation, it’s best to schedule these services ahead of time.
Commercial Roof Maintenance for Schools
Along with addressing roofing damage through high-quality repairs, you can also ensure your school’s roof is in good shape through commercial roof maintenance. Most benefit from twice-yearly inspections performed by experienced roofing professionals.
At Rainville Carlson, we will thoroughly inspect your commercial roofing system. In the process, we will check for damage and make a report of our findings. We can also perform routine roof maintenance, such as removing debris.
Commercial Roofing Services in Minnesota
Maintaining your school’s roofing system is crucial, as it will reduce operating costs, improve energy efficiency, extend the roof’s lifespan, and protect the occupants. At Rainville Carlson, we specialize in commercial roofing services. We have over 100 years of experience, and we offer complete commercial roofing options, maintenance, inspections, repairs, installations, and replacements. If you need a trustworthy roofing contractor for your school, Rainville Carlson is happy to assist you. Contact us today to learn more or to request a quote.